Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Requiem for a Dream

There's only one way to describe this movie and that is "Wow!". I've seen very few movies that has left an impression the way this movie did. I had to write about it, as anyone who is a movie buff, and really wants a good recommendation, I would suggest you go see this movie. It's a drama, but it'll keep you thinking about the movie for hours after you watched it.

The movie is basically about drugs and drug addicts and what drugs do to them. The movie kicks in by a son pawning his mother's TV for money to buy drugs. From then on it shows the effects of getting into the habit and finally becoming a junkie and what it leads to. I don't want to describe it more, as it would spoil the story.

The acting is really good. The story line is good, and the final outcome would surely make you think a 100 times before you even dream about getting on drugs. I was recommended this movie by a friend, and I had heard of the name before, but never did I think it would be so good. Finally, the background theme music is really catchy and would surely get to you.

All in all, it's a great movie, although I don't recommend watching it with the kids.

1 Comments:

At January 14, 2008 at 4:38:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger A.Jay said...

I totally agree with tht
Try Pan's Labynyth
if ur a person wana connect reality with fiction .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home